Skip to main content

Karen's trip to South Africa in 2013

Karen looks back to 2013 at her favourite trip:

“My favourite trip of last year was to South Africa - I'm the only person in the office who hadn't been before and I've heard such great things about it - and I wasn't disappointed! The South African Tourism Board invited me to go, and we took in two main areas - Cape Town & the Cape Peninsula area, and Durban along with nearby safari parks.Karen on safari at Phinda Game Reserve, South AfricaCape Town is such a fantastic city, and in such a dramatic setting - the first time you see Table Mountain it really takes your breath away! I'd been told that the weather at the top of Table Mountain can change quickly and you can't go up if the weather is bad, so we headed straight for the cable car as soon as we arrived, as it was sunny! The views are just incredible, across the city and the Atlantic Seaboard, plus along the Cape Peninsula too. I really liked the V&A Waterfront area of Cape Town - it has a lovely feel and some great shopping, plus you catch boats to the infamous Robben Island from here too.

Next stop was Durban, which is a very relaxed city by the sea, with plenty to see and do as well as being a great gateway to this area of South Africa. I did a tour of the seafront on a segway (I was impressed that I didn't fall off as I have no sense of balance whatsoever!) and somehow I got talked in to throwing myself off the roof of the new football stadium - OK, so I was attached to the roof by giant elastic bands on what is the world's tallest swing, what an adrenalin rush! Last stop was the beautiful Phinda Game Reserve, an incredible area of superb wildlife and stunning scenery, with the Indian Ocean not far away too.

This was my first trip to South Africa, but it won't be my last - what a place! ”




Escape Worldwide - Home of Long Haul Holidays
http://www.escapeworldwide.co.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cruise and stay with Escape Worldwide ⛴🛳

Cruises are amongst the most popular types of holidays at the moment, effortlessly taking you to different destinations throughout your trip - without the need to keep packing & unpacking! Settle in to your ship and wait for the world come to you, ideally with a good book and a gin & tonic.     At Escape Worldwide we tend to focus on Cruise & Stay Holidays, with the cruise as part of your trip but with a whole load more included too. Invariably you’ve flown to your departure port, so rather than heading straight from the airport to the port we’ll include a few days to explore the destination - places such as Singapore , New Orleans, Cape Town, and Dubai deserve more time than just passing through. After you’ve disembarked we can take you on to another location to round off your trip - a beach resort, perhaps, or another city. Fly onwards from Singapore to Bali or Phuket , take a train from New Orleans to Memphis, pick up a rental car as you return to Cape Town and hea

Amazing Elephant Hills, Khao Sok National Park in Thailand

We have some great holiday ideas to this amazing part of Thailand -  http://www.escapeworldwide.co.uk/thailand/elephant_hills_khao_sok_national_park.html Escape Worldwide - Home of Long Haul Holidays http://www.escapeworldwide.co.uk

Our Top Trips in 2018 - Mark in Australia

We're continuing our look back at our teams travels this week - Mark visited Australia on an epic three-state trip, starting in Sydney, moving to Victoria and driving most of the Queensland Coast in a campervan - here's a quick look at the highlights of his Aussie adventure. . . . Starting in Sydney ​ The first time I visited Australia was 27 years ago as an 18-year old backpacker, but I'm always excited to go back - it's one of the most diverse, incredible countries on the planet. As with many visits Down Under I started in Sydney , which is a very easy city to get to grips with - for me, if you stay anywhere between Central Station and Circular Quay you can't go too far wrong, and it's such as easy place to explore. I stayed right in the middle of Sydney at the Grace Hotel , which has pretty much everything you want to see within a 20 minute walk - I took in the Sydney Tower Eye, Darling Harbour and the amazing Sydney Opera House, all on foot.