Skip to main content

Natalie Visits Havana

Natalie visited Cuba recently:
“It was my first trip to this fascinating place - I visited Varadero, the beautiful countryside of Pinar del Rio and historic Trinidad, but my favourite place was Havana. I’ve been to various parts of the Caribbean in the past, but nowhere quite like Havana – it seems at times like half of it is falling down, but the charm is immediate and the character is like nowhere else I’ve been.
I loved the atmosphere of the place – some of Havana’s buildings look like they’re about to collapse, and you don’t come here for the shopping, but this all added to the feeling of a city that’s worth exploring. We had a walking tour of Old Havana (I never really did get my bearings, though, as it’s a maze of cobbled streets, lovely squares and touristy markets) and my favourite bit was having a leisurely coffee in Plaza De Armas, just watching the world go by! It’s the kind of city I could spend a lot of time getting to know, so I’m already planning a return trip!
I think my favourite hotel would be the Hotel Saratoga, as I love the combination of colonial charm and modern features. The location is superb, and many of the rooms have spectacular views over the Capitolio Building – the suites ooze character, and a Mojito at the lovely bar is a great way to start an evening!
Havana is the kind of city where you could find different areas to explore each time you visit – one visit isn’t enough!”
Check out Natalie’s Havana photo gallery at http://www.farawayescapes.co.uk/gallery/Escape%20Worldwide%20Havana%20Photo%20Gallery/
For more details of holidays to Havana visit http://www.escapeworldwide.co.uk/cuba/destin/hav.shtml

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robot Restaurant in Tokyo - simply amazing!

Japan is a fun and crazy place and nowhere is crazier than the Robot Restaurant in Tokyo. Mark visited this amazing place when he was in Tokyo on a trip around Japan. We have some amazing holiday ideas to Japan -  http://www.escapeworldwide.co.uk/far_east/japan_holidays.html Escape Worldwide - Home of Long Haul Holidays http://www.escapeworldwide.co.uk

San Francisco, Yosemite, Death Valley & Vegas Fly-Drive

We love the USA and one of our favourite areas is between San Francisco and Las Vegas , via breathe taking Yosemite National Park and unworldly Death Valley. Mark recently did this trip with a hire car and had an amazing time. Mark suggests starting in vibrant San Francisco before collecting a car and driving to stunning Yosemite national Park. Continue to Death Valley and finish your USA fly-drive in Las Vegas. The best time to travel is from April to September, when the weather is best and Tioga Pass should be open. Day 1 - UK to San Francisco Fly from London to San Francisco , arriving later the same day. On arrival into this amazing city, make your way to your chosen hotel, for I would suggest a three night stay, this should give you plenty of time to enjoy this cosmopolitan city. Days 2-3 - San Francisco Spend the next few days exploring San Francisco. Perhaps prebook our San Francisco Helicopter tour, the ultimate San Francisco sightseeing trip - witness stunning vie...

Trip to Mauritius - Part 3........

We arrive for the night at the lovely Veranda Paul and Virginie Hotel   which is a lovely boutique hotel on Mauritius North Coast by Grand Gaube. The property had a lovely, romantic feel with friendly staff and spacious rooms. We arrive just in time for a delicious buffet dinner, before a few drinks (or should I saw amazing home grown flavoured rums) at the bar. The following morning awoke to a beautiful blue sky and views of Coin De Mire. After a quick dip in one of the hotels pools headed to breakfast. One of the pools at Veranda Paul and Virginie After breakfast we checked out and headed East. The coast line and beaches on the East are stunning with crystal blue seas and white sandy beaches. Beaches on Mauritius East Coast We stopped of lunch and a spot of free time at the Veranda Palmar Beach Hotel , which is a lovely little resort set on a stunning beach. The hotel offers All Inclusive so you don't need to worry about a thing other than kicking...