Skip to main content

A place we have been....The Maldives


Darren visited the Maldives last year:




“The Maldives is one of those destinations that’s never really interested me, so when the opportunity came up to go, I was fascinated to see what all the fuss was about – and I was so glad I made it! Much as I love beach holidays, I also like things to see and places to visit while on holiday. The thought of spending a week or two on one island, in one hotel, doesn’t really appeal – I need local restaurants to try, local bars to discover and shops to buy souvenirs in. I’m not very good at lazing around and doing nothing, be it on holiday or at home!
As the Maldives doesn’t really offer this style of holiday, I was a little apprehensive – but I shouldn’t have been! The first thing that struck me was the sheer beauty of the place – I hadn’t realised that beaches and the sea could be so stunning. Small islands often encircled by white sand, clear blue seas teaming with coulourful fish – there are no dramatic landscapes, no historic sights and no cultural buildings to speak of, but the simple beauty of the islands is really breathtaking.
Alarmingly, I got in to the whole ‘no news no shoes’ thing very quickly, and found myself chilling out where normally I’d be getting out and about and seeing the sights. I somehow managed to lose almost an entire day without really realising – a short stroll to a sandbank, a bit of snorkelling and a bite to eat, and suddenly the sun is sinking in the sky and it’s time to change for dinner!
Before I visited the Maldives I really wouldn’t have said it was for me, but I could really get used to doing absolutely nothing on holiday!”

Check out Darren’s Maldives photo gallery at http://www.farawayescapes.co.uk/gallery/Escape%20Worldwide%20Maldives%20Photo%20Gallery/
For more details of holidays to the Maldives visit http://www.escapeworldwide.co.uk/ind/destin/mle.shtml

See all our holidays at http://www.escapeworldwide.co.uk/

Comments

  1. Escape to paradise with our 4 Nights 5 Days Maldives Package From India
    by DHT Holidays! Enjoy turquoise waters, luxurious stays, and unforgettable island experiences. Perfect for couples and families seeking relaxation and adventure. Book now to make your Maldives dream vacation a beautiful reality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent blog with very useful information. The writing style is simple and attractive, making it easy for readers to stay connected throughout the article.

    thailand bangkok pattaya tour package
    places to visit in bangkok thailand
    7 Days Thailand Tour Package Price

    ReplyDelete
  3. These hair-care tips are simple and easy to follow.
    Natural Biotin Shampoo for Hair Growth & Thinning Hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Escape to turquoise waters, breathtaking beaches, and luxurious island resorts with DHT Holidays. Our Maldives Tour Packages are designed for travelers seeking relaxation, romance, adventure, and unforgettable experiences. Let us take care of your holiday planning while you enjoy the beauty and serenity of the Maldives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Robot Restaurant in Tokyo - simply amazing!

Japan is a fun and crazy place and nowhere is crazier than the Robot Restaurant in Tokyo. Mark visited this amazing place when he was in Tokyo on a trip around Japan. We have some amazing holiday ideas to Japan -  http://www.escapeworldwide.co.uk/far_east/japan_holidays.html Escape Worldwide - Home of Long Haul Holidays http://www.escapeworldwide.co.uk

San Francisco, Yosemite, Death Valley & Vegas Fly-Drive

We love the USA and one of our favourite areas is between San Francisco and Las Vegas , via breathe taking Yosemite National Park and unworldly Death Valley. Mark recently did this trip with a hire car and had an amazing time. Mark suggests starting in vibrant San Francisco before collecting a car and driving to stunning Yosemite national Park. Continue to Death Valley and finish your USA fly-drive in Las Vegas. The best time to travel is from April to September, when the weather is best and Tioga Pass should be open. Day 1 - UK to San Francisco Fly from London to San Francisco , arriving later the same day. On arrival into this amazing city, make your way to your chosen hotel, for I would suggest a three night stay, this should give you plenty of time to enjoy this cosmopolitan city. Days 2-3 - San Francisco Spend the next few days exploring San Francisco. Perhaps prebook our San Francisco Helicopter tour, the ultimate San Francisco sightseeing trip - witness stunning vie...

Trip to Mauritius - Part 3........

We arrive for the night at the lovely Veranda Paul and Virginie Hotel   which is a lovely boutique hotel on Mauritius North Coast by Grand Gaube. The property had a lovely, romantic feel with friendly staff and spacious rooms. We arrive just in time for a delicious buffet dinner, before a few drinks (or should I saw amazing home grown flavoured rums) at the bar. The following morning awoke to a beautiful blue sky and views of Coin De Mire. After a quick dip in one of the hotels pools headed to breakfast. One of the pools at Veranda Paul and Virginie After breakfast we checked out and headed East. The coast line and beaches on the East are stunning with crystal blue seas and white sandy beaches. Beaches on Mauritius East Coast We stopped of lunch and a spot of free time at the Veranda Palmar Beach Hotel , which is a lovely little resort set on a stunning beach. The hotel offers All Inclusive so you don't need to worry about a thing other than kicking...