Skip to main content

Favorite Airline?

On a recent flight, Darren got a bit bored and wrote the following blog:

'Sitting on the way to Rio, killing time, I started to look back at the different airlines I had flown with and started to think, what makes a good airline. Is it the seat pitch, the food, the cabin crew, the in-flight entertainment? Personally a bit of all of these!

Take the airline I am flying with at the time of writing this blog, on paper the seat pitch isn't great, only 31”, the food was OK, and the movies Ok, though a little dated and no movie on demand, which I am beginning to realise is a big plus! No the flight is pleasant largely due to the cabin crew. The jolly Scot who seems only to happy to constantly give me drinks and the smiley steward who seems to be happy to be in the job. So in a nutshell, BA seems pretty OK!

So is it just the cabin crew that make for a good flight? Umh, not always, take a Malaysian flight I was on, for example the seat pitch great, movies on demand, food good, cabin crew efficient and friendly so why didn't I enjoy the flight, yep the person next to me who refused to sleep on the night flight and spent the whole 12 hours jumping up and down and generally fidgeting.

So it's either the cabin crew or passengers that can make or break a flights.....well no! Take a Sri Lankan flight I was on. Cabin crew pleasant enough, food OK (notice food is never great on any of them...) and the customers seem ok, but boy how NAF was the in-flight entertainment. After 3 separate pairs of headphones that didn't work, then the screen had to be reset, twice, I was left with a couple of old films to choose from on the long flights.... not good, also the cabin was so hot and they couldn’t seem to do anything about it. But this is no reflection on Sri Lankan, one of the most relaxed enjoyable flights I had was with them a year or so earlier, so was only to pleased to travel with them again!

So I have come to the conclusion that I don't have a preferred airline as there are some many variable factors to take into account you just can't guarantee that just because you had a good flight with that airline before that you will next time..... personally I won't pay extra to fly with a specific one. Besides it's it all part of the travel experience!'


Escape Worldwide - We've Been, We Know, Just Call!
http://www.escapeworldwide.co.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robot Restaurant in Tokyo - simply amazing!

Japan is a fun and crazy place and nowhere is crazier than the Robot Restaurant in Tokyo. Mark visited this amazing place when he was in Tokyo on a trip around Japan. We have some amazing holiday ideas to Japan -  http://www.escapeworldwide.co.uk/far_east/japan_holidays.html Escape Worldwide - Home of Long Haul Holidays http://www.escapeworldwide.co.uk

San Francisco, Yosemite, Death Valley & Vegas Fly-Drive

We love the USA and one of our favourite areas is between San Francisco and Las Vegas , via breathe taking Yosemite National Park and unworldly Death Valley. Mark recently did this trip with a hire car and had an amazing time. Mark suggests starting in vibrant San Francisco before collecting a car and driving to stunning Yosemite national Park. Continue to Death Valley and finish your USA fly-drive in Las Vegas. The best time to travel is from April to September, when the weather is best and Tioga Pass should be open. Day 1 - UK to San Francisco Fly from London to San Francisco , arriving later the same day. On arrival into this amazing city, make your way to your chosen hotel, for I would suggest a three night stay, this should give you plenty of time to enjoy this cosmopolitan city. Days 2-3 - San Francisco Spend the next few days exploring San Francisco. Perhaps prebook our San Francisco Helicopter tour, the ultimate San Francisco sightseeing trip - witness stunning vie...

Trip to Mauritius - Part 3........

We arrive for the night at the lovely Veranda Paul and Virginie Hotel   which is a lovely boutique hotel on Mauritius North Coast by Grand Gaube. The property had a lovely, romantic feel with friendly staff and spacious rooms. We arrive just in time for a delicious buffet dinner, before a few drinks (or should I saw amazing home grown flavoured rums) at the bar. The following morning awoke to a beautiful blue sky and views of Coin De Mire. After a quick dip in one of the hotels pools headed to breakfast. One of the pools at Veranda Paul and Virginie After breakfast we checked out and headed East. The coast line and beaches on the East are stunning with crystal blue seas and white sandy beaches. Beaches on Mauritius East Coast We stopped of lunch and a spot of free time at the Veranda Palmar Beach Hotel , which is a lovely little resort set on a stunning beach. The hotel offers All Inclusive so you don't need to worry about a thing other than kicking...