Skip to main content

Karen's trip to South Africa in 2013

Karen looks back to 2013 at her favourite trip:

“My favourite trip of last year was to South Africa - I'm the only person in the office who hadn't been before and I've heard such great things about it - and I wasn't disappointed! The South African Tourism Board invited me to go, and we took in two main areas - Cape Town & the Cape Peninsula area, and Durban along with nearby safari parks.Karen on safari at Phinda Game Reserve, South AfricaCape Town is such a fantastic city, and in such a dramatic setting - the first time you see Table Mountain it really takes your breath away! I'd been told that the weather at the top of Table Mountain can change quickly and you can't go up if the weather is bad, so we headed straight for the cable car as soon as we arrived, as it was sunny! The views are just incredible, across the city and the Atlantic Seaboard, plus along the Cape Peninsula too. I really liked the V&A Waterfront area of Cape Town - it has a lovely feel and some great shopping, plus you catch boats to the infamous Robben Island from here too.

Next stop was Durban, which is a very relaxed city by the sea, with plenty to see and do as well as being a great gateway to this area of South Africa. I did a tour of the seafront on a segway (I was impressed that I didn't fall off as I have no sense of balance whatsoever!) and somehow I got talked in to throwing myself off the roof of the new football stadium - OK, so I was attached to the roof by giant elastic bands on what is the world's tallest swing, what an adrenalin rush! Last stop was the beautiful Phinda Game Reserve, an incredible area of superb wildlife and stunning scenery, with the Indian Ocean not far away too.

This was my first trip to South Africa, but it won't be my last - what a place! ”




Escape Worldwide - Home of Long Haul Holidays
http://www.escapeworldwide.co.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robot Restaurant in Tokyo - simply amazing!

Japan is a fun and crazy place and nowhere is crazier than the Robot Restaurant in Tokyo. Mark visited this amazing place when he was in Tokyo on a trip around Japan. We have some amazing holiday ideas to Japan -  http://www.escapeworldwide.co.uk/far_east/japan_holidays.html Escape Worldwide - Home of Long Haul Holidays http://www.escapeworldwide.co.uk

San Francisco, Yosemite, Death Valley & Vegas Fly-Drive

We love the USA and one of our favourite areas is between San Francisco and Las Vegas , via breathe taking Yosemite National Park and unworldly Death Valley. Mark recently did this trip with a hire car and had an amazing time. Mark suggests starting in vibrant San Francisco before collecting a car and driving to stunning Yosemite national Park. Continue to Death Valley and finish your USA fly-drive in Las Vegas. The best time to travel is from April to September, when the weather is best and Tioga Pass should be open. Day 1 - UK to San Francisco Fly from London to San Francisco , arriving later the same day. On arrival into this amazing city, make your way to your chosen hotel, for I would suggest a three night stay, this should give you plenty of time to enjoy this cosmopolitan city. Days 2-3 - San Francisco Spend the next few days exploring San Francisco. Perhaps prebook our San Francisco Helicopter tour, the ultimate San Francisco sightseeing trip - witness stunning vie...

Trip to Mauritius - Part 3........

We arrive for the night at the lovely Veranda Paul and Virginie Hotel   which is a lovely boutique hotel on Mauritius North Coast by Grand Gaube. The property had a lovely, romantic feel with friendly staff and spacious rooms. We arrive just in time for a delicious buffet dinner, before a few drinks (or should I saw amazing home grown flavoured rums) at the bar. The following morning awoke to a beautiful blue sky and views of Coin De Mire. After a quick dip in one of the hotels pools headed to breakfast. One of the pools at Veranda Paul and Virginie After breakfast we checked out and headed East. The coast line and beaches on the East are stunning with crystal blue seas and white sandy beaches. Beaches on Mauritius East Coast We stopped of lunch and a spot of free time at the Veranda Palmar Beach Hotel , which is a lovely little resort set on a stunning beach. The hotel offers All Inclusive so you don't need to worry about a thing other than kicking...